The Medical Education Program in the Philippines is patterned after the American model. The Doctor of Medicine degree (Equivalent to MBBS) is given after the 4th year where students will undergo one year of postgraduate internship which is a requirement before taking the Licensure examination.
The graduate of the M.D. program (Equivalent to MBBS) is a primary physician who can go into the different types of medical practice or undergo further training and become a medical specialist.
After passing the Licensure Exam, graduates are eligible to enter the Residency Training program in fields of Specialization (Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, OB-Gyn) which is equivalent to MD/MS in INDONESIA and other countries.
The Residency training program in the Philippines is regulated by their respective Medical Societies. Each society has created an Accreditation Committee/Board whose goal is to assure the delivery of the highest quality medical care by implementing a structured residency program and a standard curriculum in order to ensure the competence of those undergoing training in different fields of specialization in the different training institutions nationwide.
The Residency Training Program in the Philippines is very structured with well defined curriculum in which the Philosophy, learning objectives, content, teaching-learning activities and assessment methods are clearly described, implemented, monitored regularly and evaluated annually for improvement.
– To demonstrate critical judgment and expertise in clinical problem solving and decision making in areas of clinical evaluation and management according to accepted standards.
- Formulation of a logical diagnosis based on clinical data.
- Selection or performance of appropriate laboratory and other diagnostic examinations to confirm and refine diagnosis and guide management decisions.
- Identification of immediate needs and problems and prompt response with the appropriate
- Demonstration of effective communication skills regarding diagnosis and management of patients and other significant members of the health team.
- Implementation of appropriate management plan according to currently accepted knowledge, standards of care, and technology which should include the definitive treatment, performance of indicated technical skills (surgery), immediate and long- term management
- Choice of acceptable management alternatives to achieve therapeutic goals based on the evaluation of treatment outcomes.
-To acquire and to develop managerial and administrative skills.
-To demonstrate professional integrity, gender sensitivity, and ethical conduct toward his patient, family /community, his work, and other members of the health team and the medical profession.
-To demonstrate effective teaching and counseling to patients, members of the health team and other professionals.
-To inculcate the value of research and its utilization for the improvement of the quality of healthcare.
-To develop among in-training residents the fervor to serve by equipping them with the highest standard of medical knowledge, complimented by the most advanced diagnostic modalities/ ancillary procedures.
Anesthesia : 3 years
ER Medicine : 3 years
Family Medicine : 3 years
Internal Medicine : 3 years
Ophthalmology : 3 years
Pediatrics : 3 years
Rehabilitation Medicine : 3 years
ENT-HNS : 4 years
Dermatology : 4 years
Obstetrics and Gynecology : 4 years
Orthopedics : 4 years
Pathology : 4 years
Psychiatry : 4 years
Radiology : 4 years
Surgery : 5 years
Philippines is the world’s 3rd largest English speaking country therefore instruction is in English only, but residencies need to also study Tagalog language ( day today conversation ) which include in the program.
for 3 Years Residency Program
for 4 Years Residency Program
for 5 Years Residency Program
Student Visa Extension : $ 400/year
Accomodation : $ 200/month approx.
Meals : $200/month approx.
- APPLICATION LETTER ADDRESSED TO THE DEPUTY MEDICAL DIRECTOR
- BIO DATA OR CV
- CERTIFIED OF DIPLOMA PRE MED
- TRANSCRIPT OF RECORDS
- NOTARIAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE
- RECOMMENDATION LETTER FROM THE FACULTY DEAN
- RECOMMENDATION FROM THE HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
- RECOMMENDATION LETTER FROM ANY NOTABLE MED PHYSICIAN
- TRANSLATED POLICE CERTIFICATE ( SKCK
- OTHER CERTIFICATE ( ACLS, TOEFL ETC )
- LATEST PHOTO WITH WHITE BACKGROUND 2X2
- APPLICATION LETTER AND APPLICATON FORM
- CERTIFIED OF DIPLOMA PRE MED
- TRANSLATED POLICE CERTIFICATE ( SKCK )
- MEDICAL CHECK UP
- LATEST PHOTO WITH WHITE BACKGROUND 3,5 x 4.5
- AFFIDAVIT SUPORTING LETTER
- PHOTOCOPY OF ID ( KTP )
- LETTER OF INTENT TO PURSUE MEDICAL RESIDENCY TRAINING IN PHILIPPINES ADDRESSED TO THE PRBOM ( PROFESSIONAL REGULATION BOARD OF MEDICINE ). Chairperson detailing there in his/her future professional plans including place of practice after completion oft he training program
- CERTIFIED OF DIPLOMA as a registered physician or ist equivalent issued by the Ministry of Health/ Professioanl Regulatory Authority or such other appropriate regulatory body in the foreign country or State.
- TRANSCRIPT OF ACADEMIC RECORDS,( original or certified true copy )
- RECOMMENDATION LETTER FROM THE FACULTY DEAN ( of the University of College of Medicine he/she graduated
- RECENT PHOTO ( 3 ) pieces of passport size in white background with name tag 3.5 x 2
- COPY OF A VALID PASSPORT
- COPY OF THE VALID TEMPORARY VISITOR VISA
- Issued by the embassy.
Hospital in Manila
- CHINESE GENERAL HOSPITAL & MEDICAL CENTER
- ST. LUKE MEDICAL CENTER
- SAN JUAN DE DIOS
- DE LOS SANTOS
- VETERAN MEMORIAL MEDICAL CENTER
WE ARE OPEN FOR ANY SUGGESTION OF OTHER HOSPITALS IN MANILA CITY.